Since 2006 Couples In Step therapist Irene Oudyk-Suk, MSW, RSW has specialized in marriage and couples counselling and sex therapy.
Irene is certified in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy. She continues to train extensively in EFT. Irene is also recognized by the International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy as an approved candidate for EFT supervisor. Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) is a method of couples counseling that boasts a 75% success rate in clinical studies.
Irene Oudyk-Suk is also a Registered Sex Therapist with the Board of Examiners in Sex Therapy & Counselling in Ontario.
Irene has wide ranging work experience in the following areas:
- Child protection
- Developmental disabilities
- Domestic violence
- intensive care
- Palliative care
- Community health care
- Community mental health
- Cross cultural adjustment and relocation
Irene has been a practicing psychotherapist for more than 20 years. She has practiced in Grand Rapids, Michigan; Manila, Philippines; Mississauga, Ontario and currently has practices in Cobourg and in Mississauga, Ontario.
- BSc in Special Education (Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI)
- MA in Christian Studies (also from Calvin)
- Master’s in Social Work (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI)
Licenses and registrations
- Here is Irene’s professional designation: Irene Oudyk-Suk, MSW, RSW. Certified EMDRIA therapist. Registered BESTCO sex therapist. Certified EFT couple’s therapist. Approved ICEEFT supervisor candidate.
- Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Service Workers and Social Workers (812293).
- Member: Ontario Association of Social Workers
- Certified Therapist since 2002 with the Eye Movement Desensitization International Association
- Registered Sex Therapist with Board of Examiners in Sex Therapy & Counselling in Ontario
- Certified Emotionally Focused Couple Therapist with International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Approved supervisor candidate, ICEEFT
Irene is married to John Suk. They have 2 sons, 1 grandchild (the best grandchild in the world) and have also been foster parents. Their children are grown now and while they loved parenting Irene and John love their empty nest even more!
Like most everyone Irene’s personal life has been affected by major stresses and family issues. She is no stranger to the particular concerns that her clients bring to her. Feel free to ask Irene more about this if you wish.
When it is sought after, Irene’s clients value her spiritual depth and insight. Irene has been shaped by a Judeo-Christian worldview. Clients from differing perspectives are pleased that Irene is respectful and appreciative of their approach to life and spirituality. Many couples have differing cultural and religious traditions between them. Irene is especially sensitive and helpful in this area.
For more information or to schedule an appointment call Couples In Step at 416-459-0956, or email Couples In Step.
Couples In Step provides 3-Day Intensive couple and marriage & relationship counseling to couples in crisis living in Ontario: Toronto, GTA, the Greater Toronto area, Hamilton, Windsor, London, Thunderbay, Kingston, Ottawa. Couples In Step also provides weekend couples marriage and workshop retreats to couples in Ontario (Toronto, Ottawa, London, Hamilton, Windsor, Thunderbay) wanting to deepen their marriage and couple relationship.